Monday, May 14, 2012

ONE LUCKY DAY

The clock says 5.15 PM and I have missed the Office's bus. Too bad, I'm so freakin' dog tired and I have to travel without the comfort of an airconditioned bus. Left without a choice, I rode a jeepney and hoped I could hit the LRT station within 20 minutes. I'm such in a hurry I almost tripped in the concrete barrier along the sidewalk. And when I turned my head to see if anybody has seen it, I saw: WE ARE ON SALE instead.I never thought I have rummaged the store in less than three minutes and head off to train station with a beam on my face. I just thought if I should try my luck in real life treasure hunting, I might be a billionaire by now :)

And so I left the store with two stunning dresses in my hands. One of which is a little black dress with a tag still attached to it. I recalled what my former officemate told me about how she wanted to have this Audrey Hepburn kind of look for their upcoming pre-nuptial photo shoot this year. It just gave me an idea about the "peg" she wanted: classic, elegant, simple and of course - little black dress.
Audrey Hepburn was known for her beauty, elegance, and grace. She made the "little black dress" famous in her big screen movie Breakfast at Tiffany's in 1961. And from that time, it became a staple piece in every woman's closet.
So here it is, without the french twist and make -up, a loose fitting two- tone vintage inspired cowl black dress.Although it's not the same cut as Hepburn's, it still exude simplicity and elegance which LBD is known for. 

Oopppss..Nagmana sa anak. Hahaha.
 
This vintage inspired dress can stand out with minimal accessory.

Satin and eyelets - cowl and peter pan collar - complements each other perfectly.

Classic peep toe pumps
We headed back to office when we took advantage of the empty corridor.


Lesson learned: When the clocks hits 5PM, pack up your things immediately.
In my case, I changed my  shoes first for a thousand steps going home. I don't know how it looks like with the dress, but who cares anyways. Haha.
 My ever reliable oxford shoes which I hope stays with me till December.
Phew, I almost missed the bus! I think i should get a running shoe instead to get a better seat.
Better late than never though.


Dress - thrifted
Earrings - SM Accessories
Pumps - Asianvogueshop
Oxford - Australian
Photos: Judy


Ciao, 
happychic

No comments:

Post a Comment