Friday, September 14, 2012

DON'T DRESS TO IMPRESS

PERSONALITY plus STYLE equals PERSONAL STYLE. Establishing your personal style is very tricky since you have to know what type of personality you have. Take a look of yourself, check out your clothes, including your shoes and accessories, and see if these pieces reflect YOU.Are you a conservative type who wears a blanket from head-to-toe? Or a girl who always wants pinks, laces and bows all the way? Or a vintage-modern fashionista in stiletto? Whatever your personality is, make sure that it flatters your body and you are comfortable wearing them. Otherwise, you will be a mockery for others. Think: Don't dress to impress because it might go the other way around.

If you'll ask me what's my personal style, it would be from casual-classic to modern-vintage. I am obsessed with one-of-a kind patterns and eye-catching bold colors. I'm also into staple pieces because it gives me more flexibility to mix and match without looking too over the top.

Anyways, I got this dress from a thrift store two months ago..I love how the egyptian images and the bold lines create an eye-popping one-of-a kind vintage pattern.



Originally, the length of this dress is up to my ankle but my inclination to shorten the dress arises on the day that I am about to attend a yearly work activity outside the office. So there, I grabbed a blunt pair of scissors and help myself cut the hem. Thank God, although the hem is a little bit jagged, the fabric's thread is still intact.Then I pair it with a black pumps and a statement geometric earrings.



Dress - thrifted
Earrings - SM Accessories
Shoes - Korean
Photos: Sam

happychic

No comments:

Post a Comment