Wednesday, October 3, 2012

WHICH COLOR BEST DESCRIBES Y-O-U?

Colors sometimes do the trick to combat weather and body temperature.People usually wear something subtle or striking when the sun is out in happiness, and dark colors when the sky is dull or weeping in sadness. Some studies also shows that colors may also relate with the person's current state of mind. Here is the list of colors and their meanings:


RED
  • increased enthusiasm and interest
  • more energy
  • action and confidence to go after your dreams
  • protection from fears and anxieties 
 PINK
  • calm feelings
  • to neutralize disorder
  • relaxation
  • acceptance, contentment

 BROWN
  • a solid wholesome feeling
  • to blend with the background
  • a connection with natural earth and the stability this brings
  • orderliness and convention
ORANGE
  • to spice things up when you feel time is dragging
  • to become more involved in something
  • to increase creativity
  • relief from things becoming too serious
 YELLOW
  • clarity for decision-making
  • relief from 'burnout', panic, nervousness, exhaustion
  • sharper memory and concentration skills
  • protection from lethargy and depression during dull weather
 GREEN
  • a new state of balance
  • feel a need for change or growth
  • freedom to pursue new ideas
  • protection from fears and anxieties connected with the demands of others
 BLUE
  • calm and relaxation to counteract chaos or agitation
  • to open the flow of communication
  • to broaden your perspective in learning new information
  • solitude and peace
 PURPLE
  • to use your imagination to its fullest
  • to re-balance your life
  • to remove obstacles
  • to calm overactivity or to energize from depression
 INDIGO
  • to focus on personal issues
  • to develop intuition
  • to step outside of everyday life for a new and interesting way of viewing a problem
  • solitude and inner communication

 WHITE
  • to clear clutter and obstacles away
  • to start a fresh beginning
  • to bring about mental clarity
  • purification of thoughts or actions
 GRAY
  • to emphasize your willingness to comply
  • a neutral, non-invasive feeling
  • to reduce the intense energy of another color
  • to feel detached or isolated
 BLACK
  • to become inconspicuous
  • to open the door to mystery
  • to prepare for the unknown
  • a restful emptiness
GOLD
  • increased personal power
  • relaxation and enjoyment of life
  • good health
  • success


I am baffled at the fact that at my age now, my love for GOLD and ORANGE is at the highest level. How ironic that these are the colors I hated when I still in my younger years. They looked old and a show-off to me. As  I grew older, my perspective in life changes and so as my favorite color, I suppose. I started doing things that I haven't done when I was young and single (Thank you discount online sites). My desire to make things happen becomes so evident especially when I got married.The desire, for example, to build a dream house, not for me, but for a young family my husband and I have started two years ago, is one of the things I am pushing to happen. That dream have emerged from the past, when I saw in my mother's eyes the yearning to own something her children might enjoy when she's gone. Before she took her last breath in 2007, she was able to pass the ball of her dreams to me and my siblings.

I have been braving both sides of the court in brisk jog until I tripped into the so-called life imperfections.Life is hard, I agree. We all wanted our life to go smoothly as we want it to be. However, disappointments along the way is inevitable. Life maybe difficult to handle but it pays off all the blood and sweat when you learn how to live your life even in just bread and water. When you still manage to crack a joke and put a smile in your face. I remembered my workmate once told me, which until now was stucked in my eardrums, "bringing up your own family is so tough that even an out of stock pantry supplies becomes so problematic." I got it. Life may become so stressful since you have to manage even the very small details of it. But that's how it is.

Life is so beautiful. Let's make life colorful by being positive and happy at all times. Personally, I think WHITE is the best primer of life.As we go on in our lives, a splash of all the colors would be great to balance everything. Well, that sounds good. A very tough one!

What are you wearing today? Did it reflect your mood and or emotions today?What's your favorite colors? Can you tell me if those color meanings listed above, to some extent, hits you on the spot? 


Credits to Emily Gems for the color meanings. The site is offering charms and crystals. See for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment